Sixth Week

24.09. - 30.09.

This week was filled with a lot more sportive activities than we are used to.

Our professor from our class about arts & culture was so nice to bring us to a Chinese moon festival. This festivity serves (as far as I understood) as a way to honour the goddess in the moon. A lot of food and sweets are coloured in black, which is unlikely for chinese culture. We got to try the infamous mooncake and also a variety of delicious chinese meals. What I loved most about this evening were all the performances we got to watch. A lot of different dancers, musicians and other artists contributed to make this event even more special. 
I also got to meet the head of the Konfuzius-institute and got a chance to tell him how great my experience with their Summer-camp was. Even though it has already been 3 years, I still hold those memories from my first time in Beijing very close to my heart.

This week we also got the chance to make a biketrip with some girls from the university. I was really thrilled to do this, because I miss biking a lot. I should have given my enthusiasm a second thought, because everyone else was clearly not as excited as me. Of course I anticipated that it would be hot, and indeed it was, but I still loved it a lot and I really want to do it again someday. 
We had to cross a river on our way to the biking area and shared a boat with a lot of bikers. That's also something I never tried before. The best part about this were some stray dogs who also took the boat to the other side of the river and copied the civilized behaviour of the human passengers.

I also got to join a few guys for badminton. Although I really enjoyed it, I could never stay fit in Bangkok. It's just way to hot for me.

After this nice excursion we decidet to visit a museum in Siam (to my delight) and I was overwhelmed by how beautiful the architecture of this building was. I really can't get enough of museums in Bangkok. And as if that day wasn't already filled with a sufficient amount of acitivities, we decidet to visit chatuchak-market in the evening and I enjoyed it a lot. I am really going to miss these night markets.