Fourth Week

10.9. - 16.09.

This week we had the big oppertunity to start our own lessons and try to teach our fellow students a bit of german. I really looked forward to this experience, because it's a great exercise for the classes that we will be teaching in the future.
I was happily surprised to find that our class was willing to participate in every game and dialogue we prepared. It was a really great teaching experience.

We also took part in our first class with other students, which was about presentations and how you prepare for it. I learned a few interesting approaches on how to handle the nervousness that comes hand in hand with a presentation and how to start your talk in an interesting way.
We learned similar stuff in school, but never that detailed and as I am becoming a teacher, I try to learn about presenting as much as possible, so this class comes in very handy.

Another really interesting experience was my adventure to the contemporary art museum of Bangkok. The exhibiton was one of the best I've ever seen and I was blown away by the different artistic approaches to buddhism. What really blew me away though, was my way back home. Unfortunately my internet stopped working as I was leaving the museum, so I tried to recreate my way back home in my mind. Thankfully, I met some really nice people who helped me along the way. This experience wasn't all that bad, I met some guy from holland, for instance, who has been travelling around in Asia for 11months and he shared a lot of interesting insights and stories with me.
But I still prefer to have a map and internet with me when I'm going out to explore the city.

On excursion day we got the chance to visit two different floating markets and I have to say, these places are something that had a great impact on how I view Bangkok. I was really struck by the colourful market, all the delicious foods, the music and the small canals that wind their way through these areas. We took a boat to further explore the river and catch a glimpse of the temples and houses that are lined up on the side of the canals.
It was a really great sight and I'm sure that I will visit those places again sometime.

Our day ended with my next big highlight of this week, an all-you-can-eat seafood BBQ buffet. This might sound strange, but I never experienced something like this and really love seafood (and even better, unlimited seafood). So this was a dream come true for me.