Seventh Week

1.10 - 7.10

This week we had the important mission to extend our visa. I was a bit nervous even though I had no reason to be, I just don’t like the whole process. After a few complications we got our new visas the next day and I really appreciate Austrian administrations a lot more now.

Unfortunately, I got sick at the beginning of this week, so I didn’t have the chance to really go exploring. On excursion day I finally felt better, and our fellow students took us to a planetarium and science museum (which was awesome). I really enjoyed our trip there and especially the food we got to eat after.

I wanted to go partying with Jacob (because I finally had energy again) but I had to be ready for the next day, because me and Kiki planned a trip to Lopburi. We took the train very early in the morning and drove through the beautiful country side to the town, where a friend of hers was waiting for us. We walked through old ruins of the destroyed temples, which were very influenced by the Khmer architecture. 
Every buddha was missing his head, because of religious prosecution, which was a sad but also faszinating sight and I imagined how impressive the temple must have looked in its glory days.

We walked all around the city from one monument or museum to the next and bought some nice drinks and snacks on our way, which we regretted very quickly because suddenly we were surounded by monkeys! One of them even stole some from us. Still they were extremely cute and not aggressive at all (at least if you don’t carry any food with you). It was so interesting to see how they just lived in the temple and occasionally get fed by the locals (and tourists of course).

I really enjoyed this trip and I look forward to the next chance I get to explore Bangkoks surrounding areas.