eight week

8.10. - 14.10.

Because it was our last german lesson this week, Jacob and I wanted to change things up a bit. We decided to first repeat the highlights of what we have teached over the last weeks and it was very important to us, that our students remember the lessons (and the german language) in a very positive way.
We had the idea to show them a few Austrian dances and I was surprised to find, that everyone was happy to try them out and have fun. 
I am very grateful that we had the oppertunity to get some teaching experience before we're heading to trat. I am a bit nervous, but I'm sure we will gain a lot of experience there.

On our excursion day we visited the grand palace and the jade buddha. Our Arts&Culture Professor was so nice to accompany us and to tell us a lot of important information about the temple, about the jade buddha and the ramakien. I really want to know more about the ramakien, because it is a frequently reoccuring tale that I can see in almost every temple.

I also discovered the swimming pool at the hotel (finally after 1 month), together with my friend twinkle. To be honest I was quite confused every time I walked by the pool, because everyone was always wearing long sleeved shirts and skirts. I normally don't think about what I'm wearing for swimming, but the shyness of the people there made me feel a bit selfconscious. Most of the people here apparently don't really care what foreigners wear, some are just more shy that I'm used to.

We also got to spend a day with our teacher Noon, went to the National Museum, to a Chinese temple and even got to meet her (extremely cute) daughter. It was really nice, because she always makes sure that we're doing ok and I hope that I can give the thai exchange student, who is coming to Austria next semester, the same feeling of security.