Fifth Week

17.09. - 23.09

This week was a bit quieter than the ones before, which gave me the chance to reflect more about my experiences so far.
I feel like I've already been here for a long time, way longer than 1 1/2 months. But in a very good way. I have grown accustomed to things that culture-shocked me a few weeks ago. There is still a lot that surprises me every day and I try to be like a foreign sponge that absorbs every new (and positive) influence/experience around me. But I'm not that overwhelmed anymore and can relax in the presence of novelty and excitement.

Our german class goes very well and I hope that our students feel the same way. I realized how much I underestimated the german language (and its grammar), because even if you think there are logical rules... sometimes they just don't make sense and it's just something you have to memorize. But we try to make the class as approachable as possible and sneak in some grammar, that just can't be avoided.

We also went to eat some delicious ramen. This might not sound too exciting, but I really appreciate how good the japanese food in thailand is. Those noodles just don't compare to any japanese food I ever ate before, and I always wanted to experience this.

On our excursion day we visited the Asiatique, which reminded me a bit of some touristic areas in Italy where I've been before. Unfortunately the ferris wheel was way too overprized, but we still had a pretty good time.
We also visited Siam Paragon with a really nice colleague and walked to lumpini park, which was really awesome. I was kinda overwhelmed by siam paragon, because of it's luxuriousness and all the overprized items. I'm not really a fan of such a decadent lifestyle which was portrayed in there, but it was interesting and faszinating to watch.